STEP Stuttgarter Engineering Park is an established office complex which now comprises more than 120,000 m2 of office space and has been fully rented for 20 years. The entire park is managed by STEP GmbH, giving tenants the opportunity to grow within the campus. The prestigious buildings and specialty properties can also be precisely tailored to your company’s needs. As a result, the park enjoys a very loyal tenant base.
A STEP Ahead
With 120,000 m2 of rental space, STEP is an ideal home for technology companies. STEP Stuttgarter Engineering Park GmbH manages the park and would be happy to advise you with an integrated management and service plan.
- The nearby airport, a commuter rail stop and direct access to the motorway ensure ideal connectivity.
- The park offers powerful communications networks and fibre-optic connections to the University of Stuttgart and the Baden-Württemberg research network (BelWü).
- Its close proximity to the university encourages cooperation and synergies with research institutions.
- The park also houses a conference centre with three fully equipped, air-conditioned conference rooms as well as a hall that accommodates up to 650 people.
STEP Stuttgarter Engineering Park GmbH (STEP GmbH) is a development and management company founded in 2000 to handle the planning, development, construction, rental, management and operation of the business and services park of the same name in Stuttgart’s Vaihingen district. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg (L-Bank), which means it is beneficially owned by the state of Baden-Württemberg.
Just a plot of land and a vision ...
The buildings STEP 1 and STEP 2 are move-in-ready, offering approx. 5,050 m2 and 5,022 m2 of rental space respectively. STEP 3 (8,500 m2) is nearly finished, with the first tenants set to move in later in the year. Construction has already commenced on STEP 4, STEP 5 and STEP 6.
STEP 4 (6,909 m2), STEP 5 (14,500 m²)[PC1] and STEP 6 (43,191 m²) are now move-in-ready. Excavation work for the foundations of STEP 9 is complete.
The new STEP 8.1 building with 6,792 m2 of space is fully rented. Demand is so high that construction on STEP 8.2 (6,278 m²) begins immediately, with the first tenants moving in in 2010.
STEP 7.1 (first tenants in 2014) and STEP 7.2 (first tenants in 2015) are now complete with a total of 11,800 m² of space.
The Center for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research Baden-Württemberg (ZWS) moves its headquarters to a new property on Meitnerstrasse. Its black photovoltaic façade sets the building apart. STEP 8.3 (7,710 m²) is finished, with the first tenants moving in during the first quarter of 2018.
STEP is complete!
Since developing its first buildings back in 2000, STEP Stuttgarter Engineering Park GmbH has been committed to modern, flexible and sustainable architecture with a focus on the needs of its users.
The outward appearance of the buildings is constantly evolving and each one reflects the cutting-edge technology of the time it was built. The engineering park is also at the forefront of urban development. A pleasant, green central plaza ties together the office buildings and infrastructure of the campus and serves as both a meeting place and a transport hub. The park features varied architecture with a mix of modern glass façades and punched or ribbon windows and is also a model of innovation, pursuing DGNB certification for its buildings, supporting e-mobility and testing out new construction techniques.
No matter where you’re coming from, there’s no need to loose precious time fighting city traffic.
- There are ideal transport connections to and from Vaihingen as well as easy access to all major motorways to Munich, Karlsruhe, Würzburg and Singen in just a few minutes.
- Just a 15-minute drive away from STEP, the airport is virtually next door.
- The Österfeld commuter rail stop can be reached on foot in just a few minutes and from there, Stuttgart city centre is only 12 minutes away.
Service & Contact
Are you interested in using STEP to achieve your goals? Do you have any questions or need more information about a specific offering? We would be happy to advise you.